Comfort-in-a-bowl Chicken Soup (Phase 1)
Posted On February 15, 2011
Approximately 241 calories per serving.
- chicken breast, cubed or ground (allowed amount)
- 180 grams celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- lots of oregano
- lots of garlic powder
- lots of onion powder
- dash red pepper flakes
- dash paprika
- few drop Braggs Liquid Aminos, to taste
- In a large saute/sauce pan over MED heat add water.
- When water gets hot add chopped onions and chopped celery.
- Add more water as necessary to coat veggies and allow them to cook.
- The water will reduce as the veggies are cooking so keep adding as needed.
- Add 1/2 seasonings.
- After about 5-10 minutes or until veggies are almost soft and tender enough, add chopped cubed chicken or ground chicken.
- Cook all the way through until chicken is no longer pink (about 5 more min).
- Add the rest of your seasonings.
- Test veggies to make sure they are soft enough.
- When everything is cooked to your liking add chicken broth, Braggs, and hot sauce or chili powder.
- Lower heat to MED/LOW.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!