The Christmas Naughty List
The holidays are hard on any diet but on a low calorie diet, eating sugars and sweets is wasting your calories and can sabatoge your dieting efforts. Here is a list of some of the common Christmas candies with their calorie count:
- One Hershey Kiss has 26 calories, 8 grams of carbohydrates, 1.33 grams of fat, and 2.56 grams of sugar.
- One snack size Reeses has 80 calories, 10 grams of carbs., 4.5 grams of fat, and 7 grams of sugar.
- One 6” candy cane has 55 calories.
- One slice of a chocolate orange is 43 calories.
- One dark chocolate covered marshmallow Santa has 120 calories per serving.
- One slice of holiday fruitcake has 366 calories.
If you eat just 4 Hershey Kisses, you would already have eaten 104 empty calories – not to mention the fats and sugar. This year, stick with healthy snacks like an orange. It’s healthy, on the approved list of foods and only around 60 calories. Remember to check out the desserts and treats recipes to help you stay on track.
We have health coaches standing by to help. Call 1-1-800-980-7208.
Happy holidays from all of us at Liquid Amino Diet!