Chicken with Peaches (Phase 1 and Diabetes)
Posted On December 27, 2013
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 firm ripe peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil, sliced
- Season the chicken with the pepper and the salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 12 minutes, or until done, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil and the shallots to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shallots soften. Add the broth and stir to scrape up any brown bits. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the peaches. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the broth reduces slightly. Return the chicken and any juices on the plate to the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the chicken is hot. Stir in the basil. You may also want to keep the peaches and chicken separate, as in our photo. It's up to you.
Paleo friendly recipe.