Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (Phase 1)
Posted On November 21, 2012
This will keep refrigerated for four days
- 1 large cauliflower (preferably organic)
- 4 to 5 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons good-tasting extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Wash cauliflower and its leaves.
- Cut leaves into thin slices.
- Break cauliflower into flowerets.
- Sprinkle cauliflower and leaves with some salt
- Layer into your steamer as follows, 1/2 cauliflower, all of your garlic and then the other 1/2 of your cauliflower and sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Cover and steam over medium high 8 minutes, or until cauliflower is so tender a knife just slips into it.
- Drain in a colanders
- Put steamed cauliflower and garlic in food processor fitted with the steel knife and puree with the oil
- Season to taste with pepper, nutmeg, and more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate, covered, and reheat later.
calories per serving 368