Black Bean and Quinoa Chili (Diabetes)
Serving Size: 4
Calories: Approx. 340 per servingIngredients• 2 16-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained.
• 1c rinsed and drained quinoa.
• 2c vegetable broth.
• 2 yellow squash, chopped.
• 2 carrots, peeled and chopped.
• 1 onion, chopped.
• 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
• 1 stalk of celery, chopped.
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped.
• 2 cups salsa.
• 1T cumin.
• 1T chili powder.
• 1t paprika.
• 1T olive oil
Instructions) Place quinoa and broth in a medium pot. Cook according to directions. Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes.
) Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, take olive oil and sauté garlic, onion and pepper, about 3 minutes.
) Add carrots, celery and squash, sauté another 5 minutes.
) Stir in black beans, salsa and seasonings. Heat until it is brought to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes.…