Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad (Phase 2 or Diabetes)
Posted On August 02, 2013
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, skin removed and sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced in semi-circles
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (or to taste depending on heat preference)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 squeeze fresh lime juice
- small handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh basil leafs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, stevia, chili flakes, vinegar, lime juice, mint, basil and oil.
- Whisk to incorporate and ensure the salt and stevia dissolve.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as you like.
- Add the sliced cantaloupe and cucumbers.
- Toss gently to dress
As an alternative dressing to the one mentioned above try this dressing instead - 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Combine together and use in place of the oil/vinegar mix and garnish with the herbs and crushed red pepper.