Cabbage Rolls (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Approximately 480 calories
- Extra lean hamburger, or elk (allowed amount)
- 1/8 cup diced onions
- 1 head Green cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Brown the hamburger and onions in one pan.
- As they cook, slice (all but 4 leaves), and cook your green cabbage in a seperate fry pan in enough water to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Lay the 4 leaves across the top of the diced cabbage so they are "steamed" to perfection.
- Once the hanburger is browned, place in a strainer and rinse under hot water to remove any fat.
- Put cooked meat in a larger bowl, add your shredded cabbage and mix.
- Season with ground pepper, salt and garlic to taste.
- Place this mixture on top of the steamed cabbage leafs and enjoy.
This is yummy seasoned with a low sodium/no MSG soy sauce.