Beef Cabbage Rolls (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Approximately 350 calories a serving.
- •1/2 cup canned, diced tomatoes (make sure no added sugar)
- •1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- •1 pinch Johnny's seasoning
- •1 dash Pepper
- •2 larges Cabbage Leaves
- •Lean Ground Beef (allowed amount)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Cook beef with all spices until almost done.
- Add half the tomatoes and chopped cabbage cook down a bit until cabbage soft and most liquid is absorbed.
- Half the mixture and put in the two cabbage leaves.
- Wrap tucking the ends in as much as possible. (I cut the center end part of the cabbage out (the really thick part) makes it easier to wrap.)
- Place 1/8 of your remaining tomatoes in small baking dish, roll around so it covers bottom
- Add cabbage rolls
- Top with remaining 1/8 cup tomatoes.
- Bake covered for about 30 min until outer cabbage is tender.