Beef and Cabbage Soup (Phase 1)
Posted On February 14, 2011
Approximately 219 calories per serving
- beef, thinly sliced allowed amount
- cabbage, chopped allowed amount
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- dash cumin
- dash cayenne
- salt and pepper
- Heat a saucepan using medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 cup water. When boiling add the beef and garlic.
- By the time the water has boiled off the beef should be cooked, if not add water as needed.
- When the water has boiled off you should see the "browning" on the pan from the beef. Add 2 cups of water. This will create a rich broth.
- Add chopped cabbage and spices until the cabbage is cooked to desired consistency.