Hummus (Phase 1)
Posted On April 06, 2012
This makes a great spread for wraps and also serves as a nice dip. 508 calories
- 1 can Organic Black or Pinto beans
- 1 small onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2-4 Garlic Cloves
- Olive oil
- Green Onion
- Low sodium vegetable broth
- Dice onion, pepper, and garlic then saute in a modest amount of Olive oil until soft.
- Place beans in food processor or mash until smooth.
- Add in sauteed veggies and continue to pulverize until smooth.
- Stir in veggie broth per desired thickness.
- Garnish with diced green onion, pepper, or seasoning of choice.
1 15oz can of beans should make 3, 1/2 cup servings.