Baked Salmon (Phase 2)
Posted On November 09, 2012
120 calories per. serving
- 2 small fennel bulbs, cut into ½ inch wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½ inch wedges
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds of salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, halved
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme sprigs, ½ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and the oil in a roasting pan or 9-by-13-inch baking dish and toss to coat.
- Spread evenly and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the salmon fillets and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Move the vegetables to the side of the pan and place the fillets in the center.
- Redistribute the vegetables around the fillets.
- Squeeze the lemon over the top, then sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and roast until the fillets are the same color throughout and flake easily, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, transfer the fillets and vegetables to individual plates.