Baby Spinach Salad (Phase 1 & Diabetes)
Posted On April 26, 2013
Approx. 140 calories per serving
- 5c baby spinach
- ½ small red onion, chopped.
- 1T fresh squeezed orange juice and some grated zest.
- stevia to taste
- 2T red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 slivered almonds.
- ) Arrange spinach on 4 individual plates, top with onion.
- ) Mix together vinegar, orange juice, zest and stevia. Gradually stir in olive oil.
- ) Pour dressing onto each of the 4 salads.
- ) Garnish with almonds, salt and pepper to taste.