5 Tips To Strengthen Your Immune System
We live in a society that constantly bombards us with artificial light, frequent noise, processed junk foods, pollution, sickening chemicals and super-germs. Is it any wonder that so many of us complain about chronic fatigue, feelings of sluggishness, apathy and depression? Our immune systems are under constant attack but we can help to naturally strengthen it.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners and processed sugar. Studies have shown that eating processed (refined) sugar can impair the immune system in as early as 30 minutes. We should especially avoid eating any artificial sweeteners or processed sugar if we feel a cold or flu is coming on, or if we are suffering from stress. Especially avoid high fructose corn syrup, also known as corn sugar, which is found in almost all sodas, sweetened beverages and many cereals. These corn syrups have undergone enzymatic processing in order to produce an unnatural level of sweetness. Other studies are suggesting that our bodies are unable to process this in the same manner as natural sugar and that it can cause ill health. High fructose corn syrup is perhaps the most accepted culprit of weight gain and may well impact normal appetite and digestive functions. Some critics point out that high fructose corn syrup may also be a source of mercury, a known neurotoxin. Apart from processed sugars and corn sugar, diet sweeteners have been found to cause weight gain, which can also make us feel sluggish and raise our risk for diabetes. A study in 2005 showed an increase in risk for being overweight for each can of diet soda consumed. It is believed that this is due to the body being tricked, expecting calories when none are given and overcompensating by eating more.
- Take Dual Support Supplement. With the body constantly being bombarded with environmental toxins and other toxins found in our foods and medications, it is vitally important that we constantly detoxify the body. The Dual Support supplement from Amino Diet does just that! Alpha Lipoic Acid, n-acetyl-cysteine, and other key ingredients work together as chelating agents, specifically pulling toxins and heavy metals from the body while at the same time strengthening the cellular integrity and promoting optimal mitochondrial function for a stronger immune system and better overall health.
- Get More Rest. Sleep is when the body is able to repair itself. REM sleep is also when the body produces the most human growth hormone, known as the “master hormone”, which in turn regulates the other hormones that regulate every single one of the millions of cells in our bodies. Getting adequate sleep also helps reduce stress, which in and of itself has been shown to negatively impact our immune systems.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: The Amino Diet promotes rapid weight loss and optimal health by avoiding processed, pre-packaged foods, partially hydrogenated oils and fast foods. At the same time the Amino Diet encourages 5 well balanced healthy meals per day, keeping the metabolism running high and keeping blood sugar at levels that promotes loss of mid-section fat. When considering food to eat, if we do not recognize an ingredient or cannot pronounce it, it is probably a good idea not to eat it. Chemical preservatives, high fructose corn syrup and high trans-fats are all notoriously bad for us and can increase the risk of obesity, heart disease and diabetes. Fresh fruits and vegetables, on the other hand, contain large numbers of antioxidants that help repair and rebuild our cells, strengthen our immune system can lower the risk of cancer. Foods rich in Omega3 fatty acids help lower cholesterol and decrease our risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and many cancers.
- Exercise. Truly, we should exercise both our bodies and our minds. Exercise helps us burn fat, lower cholesterol, lower blood sugar, diminish the risk of diabetes, heart disease and obesity while improving mental function. It has even been shown to improve our mental health.
For more information about strengthening your immune system and the Dual Support supplement or to learn more about the Amino Diet program call one of our certified Health Coaches, toll free at 800-980-7208 or visit our community at www.facebook.com/amiodiet.