Swiss Chard with Pine Nuts and Pan Roasted Garlic (Phase 2)
Posted On February 15, 2011
- •1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- •4 cloves Garlic
- •1/3 cup pine nuts
- •1 bunch swiss chard (rainbow chard if available)
- •1/4 cup water
- • no salt and pepper
- • dash lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan.
- Thinly slice garlic and add to oil cooking until lightly brown.
- Add pine nuts and saute until golden brown.
- Remove garlic and pine nuts and set aside.
- Trim stems from swiss chard and cut in 1 inch pieces.
- Add chard stems to pan with water and simmer until water has evaporated. Roughly chop thoroughly washed chard leaves and add to pan.
- Season lightly and toss to wilt. Cook to desires consistency.
- Add garlic and pine nuts and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.